LICENSE for XCrySDen versions prior to 1.0 and Beta-1.0
This software is copyrighted (c) by Anton Kokalj (Tone.Kokalj@ijs.si)
and Mauro Causa (email@example.com). "Program" shall mean that
copyrighted XCrySDen code (in source and object form) comprising the
computer programs known as XCrySDen.
MANDATORY TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The licensee will adhere to the following conditions upon receipt of
1. All title, ownership and rights to the program or to copies of
it remain with the authors, irrespective of the ownership of the
media on which the program resides.
2. In any publication in the scientific literature I will reference
the program as follows:
A. Kokalj, XCrySDen-a new program for displaying
crystalline structures and electron densities, J. Mol.
Graphics Modelling, 1999, 17, 176-179.
A. Kokalj and M. Causa, Scientific Visualization in
Computational Quantum Chemistry, Proceedings of High
Performance Graphics Systems and Applications European
Workshop, Bologna, 2000, p. 51-54.
3. I will not supply a copy of the code to anyone for any reason
whatsoever. This in no way limits my making copies of the code
for backup purposes, or for running on more than one computer
system at my institution. I will refer any request for copies of
the program to the authors.
4. I will not incorporate any part of XCrySDen into any other
program system, without prior written permission of the authors.
5. I will keep intact all copyright notices.
6. I understand that the authors supply XCrySDen and its
documentation on an "AS IS" basis without any warranty, and thus
with no additional responsibility or liability. I agree to
report any difficulties encountered in the use of XCrySDen to
7. It is understood that modifications of the XCrySDen code can
lead to problems where the authors may not be able to help. It
would be appreciated if useful modifications or major extensions
were reported to the authors.
8. It would be appreciated if bugs will be reported to
9. I understand that support for running the program can not be
provided in general, except on the basis of a joint project
between the authors and the research partner.
XCrySDen uses Tcl/Tk, BWidgets, Togl and Mesa software, therefore correspoding
licenses for these software are in subdirectory otherLICENSES/